hotdigity blog background

Saturday 5 May 2012

Welcome Back Jentle Soaps!

After a long sabbatical I am so happy to be able to launch Jentle Soaps back on the web. I will be testing new and wonderful recipes out for handmade cosmetics and would love feedback on what you think of my creations. To begin I'll start posting recipes from my ebook Beauty Crafts to give you a taste of my Soap making and Sundry skills. I've been concocting beauty products since I was 7 years old so I have a few recipes to share...more than a few actually!

I'm going to launch this blog with weekly Ingredient discussions and see where it goes...

Making your own soap and cosmetics is a rewarding and artistically challenging hobby. Discovering the complex chemistry between ingredients and how to maximize the benefits of each is how we create new products. In this blog I will share recipes I have developed  for primarily soap from scratch & transparent soap crafting (also known as soap-casting), formulas for lip and body balms, dusting powders, bubble bath, bath bombs, shampoo and more.

Many of the ingredients are easy to find at your local craft, grocery and drug stores.  As the owner of Jentle Soaps I believe that only the highest quality ingredients make the best products. In my opinion the search for the more exotic ingredients are worth the hunt. Fresh high quality ingredients will give you the best results. Oils such as shea butter, cocoa butter and virgin coconut oil are now available in many health food stores or by mail order. Because fragrance is such an important ingredient for many people make sure you purchase your essential and fragrance oils from reputable manufacturers and importers.
 
I invite you to begin learning Beauty Crafts. Use the body treatments within the recommend time period and always refrigerate any fresh ingredient preparations. Any handmade soap should be used within one year. Store all hand made preparations in a cool dry place. I hope you enjoy crafting each and every recipe as much as I enjoyed testing them.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at jenspice1@gmail.com


2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!! You did it!!!! I am excited to read all about how to make my own beauty products:) Good luck Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie! I thought I'd never figure it out! I even have an image on today's post!

    ReplyDelete